Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

impliedauthor posted a comment on Monday 15th October 2007 9:28am

Can't wait to see what happens with Harry and Ginny! Great writing, you've managed to create a great AU without losing the essence of the story. A round of applause just for you!

Kal posted a comment on Tuesday 25th September 2007 2:09am

Just reread your story here. You are a gifted storyteller, and I enoy your portryal of the politics in the wizarding world. The story is so enjoyable, and I truly love your characterizations not only of the main characters but also the other races. The cliffhanger was a bit evil, but that is alright. :) I am looking forward to seeing future chapters! Until later!

DSDragon posted a comment on Monday 17th September 2007 1:37pm

I first saw this fic at PhoenixSong.net, but since it's a WIP I didn't read it then. Now, I've decided to read it anyway, and I'm so glad I did, because this fic is awesome! Your attention to detail, and the intricacy of the plot is amazing!

Milarqui posted a comment on Tuesday 21st August 2007 8:26pm

When is the next chapter of this excellent story going to come out??

funderbunk7967 posted a comment on Tuesday 14th August 2007 10:01am

I really enjoy reading this fanfic, I've been looking for fanfiction that really got to the meat of Harry Potter's universe, and your stories, especially the history of Ollivander, really do. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Delphine posted a comment on Sunday 24th June 2007 9:14am

Hey
I just read your story through from start to the current update and must say that I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the christian aspects that you put into it, and wish that I could find more stories that did. In one author's note you mentioned that you knew of a few other authors that wrote the same way. If it is possible could you give me the names of the authors so I could look them up?
Thanks

Zarz posted a comment on Monday 4th June 2007 7:46pm

I really love this story - it's a cool idea, and a wonderful execution. I'm just a little confused by your Paladin Universe. What's the difference between this story and The Granger Defense? They don't seem to be sequels, and I'm not sure what they are. If you could let me know, and explain how your other stories in this universe fit in, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

heather_sda@yahoo.com

Zarz posted a comment on Monday 4th June 2007 6:10pm

As a Christian myself, I love reading stories, fanfiction or otherwise, where the characters have a strong faith. I love this story a lot, and I think it's really cool that Harry can gain some measure of peace through the Bible. Normally in fantasy, any religious-type elements are introduced through light mythical creatures, such as phoenixes, but it's really great to see an author not afraid to openly talk about God. If you could also get me the names of those other authors, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for being a great author!

shw30 posted a comment on Thursday 31st May 2007 2:01pm

your story is amazing! the detail is incredible, and everything is really just great. this site doesnt have a story alert function like fanfiction, but could you email me at profshwerner@gmail.comwhen you update? I'm a college student, and love to procrastinate, and your stories make it totally worthwhile. Also, the only thing i like better than reading stories is beta'ing them. Let me know if you ever need someone to look over your spelling or grammar for the chapters. Thanks!

brad posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd May 2007 4:46pm

This is terrible!!!

I'm a H/Hr man, and I didn't think much of your H/Hr scene (I've left my review on portkey) and I just popped over here to read your H/G version. And I found your H/G scene(s) to be quite delightful!!

Which is BAD!! I want H/Hr to be the best!! :-(

:-)

Nice scene. I think so much better than the H/Hr one because it was (a) much longer, (b) much more varied, with several sub-scenes to it, and (c) had more characters, more interaction. The whole segment with Mrs. Weasley, Ron and Hermione was a lovely little break away from the H/G, a great way to focus the reader's attention on what was happening a whole different way, and good humour (*Whack!*) as well. And the whole thing about the floo was magically interesting as well. Plus the tryout of the brooms lent a nice 'action' feel to it all.

You're not a closet H/G man, are you? I demand that you treat both H/G and H/Hr with equal attention!!

:-)

Good H/G scene!

Kal posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd May 2007 10:59am

I am so happy to have refound this wonderful story. I recall the 1st couple of chappies on SugarQuill, and I had hoped it would contrinue. Malfloy is horris, Snape is a jerk, I love the kids, and the politics is wonderfully conveluted! I adore the Lovegoods and look forward to more from the Quibbler!

I Loved it, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.

amulder posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd May 2007 4:06am

Great chapter. Though it continues to boggle my mind that you are continuing to do both this one and "Granger Defense" at the same time. And staying sane.

I really like the depth and background you bring... The long section with Justin is great for details on building up a culture to go with the story.

My first instinct is to berate you for the Firebolt-C, as I feel that 'position-specific' brooms has become a very tired fandom cliche. However you redeemed yourself by at least explaining, very well also, just what would make a chaser broom different from a seeker broom.

best
...art

Sssith posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd May 2007 8:01am

Fun to see the house elves being so observant.

Interesting, and somewhat odd, background story on the Lovegoods. Curious if that is going to lead somewhere or if you just couldn't resist figuring out the history of that pair.

James Barber posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd May 2007 4:05am

Hey where is chapter 16 for The Granger Defense? it says its there, but it isnt! great story by the way!

Bernd Jacobitz posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 8:01pm

Well done. Especially the Ginny Harry part ist very smooth and feels just right.
You are building up some tension with the Elfs talking and I, for one am looking forward to the next chapter.

Viv posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 3:02pm

I always love receiving the notification that this fic is updated! A rich, startling, exciting chapter. Thanks for all the time effort!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 1:51pm

*snicker* That discussion between Mrs. Weaseley, Ron, and Hermione was priceless; I do hope Ron paid close attention as there was a lot of excellent advice there. The parallel chat between Harry and Ginny sounds like a most necessary and useful one to and for both of them on a number of levels. I do like the way Harry & Ginny are opening up to each other in this variant, it does bode well for them.

Crys posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 1:08pm

Liked that explanation of why he floos so badly. Makes sense.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 11:21am

Fabulous story still... and a great chapter to boot! I wonder just what the Order will do now that Mr. Granger has been 'outed' so to speak. Interesting that the camera that was used was a wizarding one... I hope that the legal ramafications arent' too distressing for the rest of the Granger family.

Great progression on the Ginny/Harry romance... I am off to read the relavant parts of the Harry/Hermione remix. Ta!

kainboa posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 9:18am

great chapter as usual, can't wait to see what happens next

keep up the great work :)