Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

Carol Layland posted a comment on Monday 7th July 2008 7:57am

Hi, Well, if you are into history it is a very good chapter but it does take a lot of following exactly where you are going with the information. Unfortunately I will have to reread this chapter several times to properly learn what you are teaching here. Since I hold degrees in both English and History I will definately look forward to properly understanding just where you took this information.

noylj posted a comment on Monday 7th July 2008 7:10am

I couldn't read most of the history lesson in this chapter, as I don't care. The little I did read reminded me of all the fanfics where almost everybody famous in the mundane world turn out to the wizards, witches, or squibs. It just seems that in all these stories, all the really important historical moments, good or bad, revolve around the magical world.
I'm also "amazed" that Harry is "spreading the wealth" around and bringing in other people for his business plans. Justin already as something to work on and Greenbee has a restaurant.
Great story.

David Thacker posted a comment on Monday 7th July 2008 4:55am

If Harry can find out the the votes where lost only for ten generations he an point that out and get the family thier votes back.

Tumshie posted a comment on Monday 7th July 2008 4:07am

Nice to see this story continuing.
Just one point, surely the department to stop magical folk from leaving the country would have an Emigration department not an Immigration department as although they would be immigrants in the country they arrived in they would be emigrants from the country they left.

ty posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 12:13pm

whens the next update?!?!?!

Ciroth posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 7:45am

Wonderful story!!! Update soon!

DWA20 posted a comment on Monday 21st April 2008 9:51pm

I just happened upon the story. I am enjoying reading it. I notice that it has been recently updated and that is what caught my attention. Thanks for the HP "fix."

Carol Layland posted a comment on Thursday 10th April 2008 8:00am

Fantastic!! You are finally bringing Hogwarts into the twenty-first century. I am so glad the I have my eyesight back and can come back and enjoy your writings. I do love this story.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Thursday 10th April 2008 7:07am

How totally wonderful. I have been sick for over 4 months and I must apologize for not being more prompt with reading my emails and getting back to you with reviews. Your quality of entrancing me continues.

cwejr posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 3:30pm

Really enjoying this story.

How about Clair Jordan. Well, it was funny to me.

s_shah posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 3:44am

and great reasoning behind DD's extreme belief in the good of men....it was always a very strange that the greatest wizard (and maybe the smartest as well) of the time was blindly optimistic...you gave quite a good reason to that !!!

s_shah posted a comment on Sunday 16th March 2008 11:58am

hey...

gr8 story... bit too much of details about magical theory but i understand that you do have to build the whole spell mogering idea on a base and i'm loving it...about the religion part you just mentioned in the after note...well, i'm a muslim and believe me when i say i didnt mind any of it (I do respect other religions even if i dont believe in them) ...i'm just glad you havent bad mouthed any other religion but even if you do that...well its your story !!! keep up the good work and please pray for me that i stop reading your story and start studying for my exam next week .. :)

SS.

Kal posted a comment on Wednesday 12th March 2008 4:22am

Thank you ever so much for an update. I continue to love your decription of Gringotts, the Goblins, and the various interactions of the factions. I agree that the "ancient and nobel profession of grave robbing" made me laugh out loud.
I like the fanon-versions of Ginny, and here is one of the best that I have read. She is intellegnt, mature, and has enough spunk and creativity to be a main character in her own right. Awsome work.
I am looking forwards to the resolution of the Snape and Malfoy issues. Will Sinistra being Snapey into a more reasonable mindset? Will Draco ever realize that he has to be a REAL Paladin and not the spoiled brat? Will Vector and co. take issue with spell mongering?
Have you decided on the names that you were fishing for previously?
I love the Squib in charge of computers -- even if they are Macs. Sorry to the others on this list, and the author, but Macs are not even possible to use in my working evniorment, so I am not a fan at all. On the rare occasion there is ever mac version for the programs that we use, it tends to send the system into a tail spin. XP is much more user frendly for hard core scientists and engineers in my experience. Though, Lennox is also a common choice....
But anyway (so much for my two sense) I agree with the other poster. Please be careful with the (over)use of the computers at Hogwarts. While it was interesting, well written, and introduced what will probably be a very interesting character, it still read somewhat stilted. I guess what I am saying is that the incorperation of technology is needed in this story for several political/social elements, but please be carful that you don't lose your magnificent character develpment that you had priviously. Nearly 1/4 of the chapter was the introduction to the technology, and although it did contain an interesting picture of American Wizarding society, started to feel a bit.... heavy.
I hope that this is not too negative, as I adored your new chappie and love to reread your work whenever possible. You have a fantastic sense of how to delveop characters into very demesional people for your audience, and your politics is wonderfully conveluted. :) Thanks, and I sincerly look forwards to your next installment.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 3:03pm

"I suggested he go into the ancient and honorable profession of grave robbing." Heh. I love that line.

I like the word "primaries"--many stories use "mundane" which is really not much of a compliment either. :-)

I'm guessing your a Mac fan. That's cool and all, but I hope the computer part stays fairly small--you have plenty of plot lines running around already. :-)

Great chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:14pm

Another great chapter.

Harry is starting to remind me of Jessica Fletcher, the character from Murder, she wrote.

Where ever she went someone is murdered.

It's seems when ever Harry is out and about someone near him is a attached.

hptrump posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 10:10am

So Ginny and Harry are not going to be together?

Antosha posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 5:29am

I'm very glad that you're continuing this—it's thought-provoking and thoughtful—from the infighting in the Wizengamot to the intricacies of Goblin-wizard relations.

I had two favorite bits, however. The first is Ginny's earnest and dead-on assessment of her position with Harry—about the only approach that would have done anything but scare Harry to death. I like what JKR set up in canon—that Harry and Ginny simply "understand each other." But it's certainly more dramatically interesting to have them work it out. ;-)

And of course, as an Apple user since 1985, I'm right there with you on the origins of the Mac, and the truth of Steve Jobs's old title: the Wizard of Cupertino!

oldman posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:40am

great story worth keeping in touch for. please keep it coming. I too use a mac for all the reasons you imply!

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 3:28pm

As a mac user since the MacPlus, I couldn't agree more. Apple politics suck, but they make a great computer.
This paladin program seems to be moving along really slowly and Herms and the git don't seem to be getting any better.

nuclear death frog posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 1:00pm

Continuity Error: in chapter 15, Isaiah Smith told Harry that Hagrid's father's name was Rupert, and that it was Ranulf Malfoy who somehow landed the Hagrid family vote.

Otherwise, the chapter is fine. Thanks for the updates.