Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Sunday 8th July 2007 3:18pm

Fantastic chapter!

Ishi posted a comment on Sunday 8th July 2007 12:43pm

Oh...wow. Well, Pride and Prejudice has always been my favourite Jane Austen novel, and I just want to thank you for doing it justice. You've kept to the period and followed the rules of propriety, while still managing to show Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam's ardour for one another.

I really love this story, and if there's more, I'll be very happy. I'm not sure if it's finished or not, so I will have to beg you for more. Is there a mailing list I could join, to be made aware when you update?

Highschool Nerd posted a comment on Thursday 5th July 2007 5:46am

So adorable! Update soon!

Jadite posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 4:59pm

Your Austen storyline is a joy to read. The character personalities are very true to the original novel while the new direction is highly plausible and entertaining. I can't wait for your next installment.

haylared posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 5:00am

This is an excellent story. The characters are true to Austen's depictions of them, and the story line is thrilling to read. I highly anticipate the next chapter! Thank-you for sharing this wonderful work.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 12:07pm

Brought tears to my eyes. Lovely ending.

By the way, should you be on the lookout for a fellow Austen fanatic to beta for you, I'm your gal. I have read P & P at least 20 times (My daughter's name is Elizabeth Jane. No joke), and have two collections of her entire works. Add to this the fact that I'm a university professor (TOEFL-prep, mostly, but also academic writing), and I think you can see that I'd be a rather good choice for beta. ;-)

Anyhow, I'm off to read your other story now. Congratulations on a wonderful fic.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 11:01am

Another wonderful chapter!

Now I'm off to catch up to you completely. :-)

Lincoln posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 9:59am

Great Stuff!

I'm really enjoying this tale, as Mrs Bennet isn't putting in her ha'penny's worth and making me cringe. Now that Lizzy and Mr D. have an understanding, though, it might be entertaining to see the different Bennet's reaction (especially if Mr B went behind their backs to give permission!).

Can't wait for the next installment (either of you!)

I remain,

Lincoln

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 9:14am

Wonderful chapter. I love this story so far!

Have you read the sequel to P & P a descendant of one of Jane's siblings wrote? Insipid, at best. You are sooo much better! Makes me want to take up my pen and try my hand at JA fanfics myself...I've wanted to for so long, even before I knew fanfics existed!

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 8:52am

I'm always skeptical about Jane Austen fics because so many of them make me shudder with their societal inaccuracies, so I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. Congratulations on a wonderful story so far...the only nitpick I might raise would be Darcy calling her Elizabeth when she arrived...he is such a stickler. I know he's head over heels in love with her, but it doesn't feel in-character just yet.

Tessa posted a comment on Thursday 28th June 2007 6:21pm

I came across your two JA FF quite by chance, Pamela. I enjoy both of them, particularly Happily Ever After. Your characters are simply adorable.

You are a very gifted writer. I will be watching out for new chapters.

Kinsfire posted a comment on Wednesday 20th June 2007 3:42am

And still as stunning as was the first.

You have a true gift with the language.

Kinsfire posted a comment on Wednesday 20th June 2007 3:23am

I have never read Jane Austen fanfiction before this, but I'm glad that I chose to check this out. THis is amazing, and it shows that you have a true talent with words.

I think that I would find it quite easy to pay the money for a book if I knew that it had writing of this caliber within.

And that's just from reading chapter 1!

KuriousKat posted a comment on Tuesday 19th June 2007 8:59pm

Really good story so far. Can't wait to read more.

Kat Armstrong posted a comment on Tuesday 19th June 2007 4:07am

I love this story! I haven't read P&P since I had to study it at school, which quite put me off. Having read your work I'm seriously thinking of re-reading it. I think Austin is probably wasted on 14 yr olds :o)

Tanydwr posted a comment on Monday 18th June 2007 8:52pm

Fabulous!

Samantha posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 10:34am

This is a delightful story. I have loved Jane Austin's writing since I was a young girl and it is so wonderful to find another writer who can capture her charm in their writing. I must admit that I also enjoy the moral basis of her writing as well and you've held up to her standards very closely in that sense.

What I enjoyed the most about your writing is the way that you manage to add character and personality to your characters by their actions and words rather than describing each person in a mechanical manner. Many authors find it necessary to tell how their characters are feeling and justify their actions which can become quite tedious to read and robs the reader of the joy of using their imagination to fill in the blanks.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see more in the future.

Liane posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 3:31am

I'll leave one review for both stories, but this one is my favorite for the moment. I'm curious to see how the other one will go, I must say I didn't see them changing their opinions so soon. This one is a bit more predictable, but not in a bad way (honestly, any fiction not ending with Darcy and Lizzie happy together isn't good in my book). I'm happy to find Jane Austen fanfiction here : there aren't enough good stories about her books in my opinion. it's good to see someone write about it with style, and without any of the "let's take the caracters to our time and retell the story" nonsense. Keep up the good work.

Tanydwr posted a comment on Monday 4th June 2007 12:59am

Wonderful! This site has been severely lacking some Jane Austen fanfiction - and it's good Jane Austen fanfiction at that! Hurrah! Okay, that sounded awfully English. Two days out of Wales, and already I'm losing my recently regained Welsh roots! Alas!
This story is very interesting. I love Georgiana and Grace is wonderful! I've always loved how bossy servants can actually be in these things. And Elizabeth, ah, such a good nurse. And Mrs Gardiner was so good for being willing to part with her, but with the addition of Sally, and the fact that the children are likely coming to the end of the fever, it is not quite so bad.
Keep up the awesome work, in worship of the *real* goddess. (Sorry to Aaran, but Jane was there first, JKR's like a lesser goddess. Hmm, perhaps Jane as the sun goddess, while JKR's the healing goddess or harvest goddess or something? And the Brontë sisters must be somewhere in the pantheon too...)
Lol, Tanydwr

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 4:50pm

This is a lovely story. Very well done and it reflects the proper ettiquette of the time. I would place it about 1890. Is that a good guess? Thanks you it is a nice change of pace. pms