Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

Nytefyre posted a comment on Wednesday 13th March 2013 12:31am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

This was one of the best written HP stories I've been graced to read. I like the notes with the additional wizarding history references, and the way your gracefully intertwined Harry's time with Ollivander with the story of Willen. The explanations for the discoveries and naming of things were superb, and the fights realistic. Willen, and indeed all characters were real and none overpowered, which gave the story all the more verisimulitude.

Thanks for posting!

Hagrid posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2012 9:36pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Ahh, I have read this story yet again, and yet again I find it "The True History of magik" Aye, I've seen your comment about a reviewer sayin' som'att about " difinative" or some such fancy word, but I've neither the time nor talent for such formality. With all the fan fiction and whatnot around I find its important ter go back and refresh the facts. Can't say how many times I've read this, or even how many times I've written the same review, but I can say if ya ever put another word to pixcel, I will be willing ter read it.

Morgana bless ya me friend.

Hagrid

William Martin posted a comment on Monday 16th February 2009 12:51pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

I love your writing style and the fact you base it on actual history. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Thanks too for the language additions, fascinating!

Brizo posted a comment on Friday 19th December 2008 6:07pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Breathtakingly addictive. A wonderful back story to the Ollivander store and reaction from the other shop keepers. *claps* Well Done!

Danny Malone posted a comment on Sunday 20th July 2008 1:16am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Bwa?

This is probably one of the two best historical-based fan-fiction stories I have ever read. Even minimal research to make it sound accurate would take a relatively long time, I know. That you had the patience to do so for something written for no compensation astounds and slightly shames me.

That the story is intriguing and fascinating may need no mention, as I write this at the end of it, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

cliviussum posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 8:57pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

An excellent story, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I will echo the words that this must be the 'definitive History of the wand'.

Wonderful stuff and well told.

Tibi grates ago fabellae, probe et vale. Cs

Chris posted a comment on Monday 18th February 2008 5:36pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Simply wonderful. It reads like a piece of historical adventure fiction combined with slight elements of Harry Potter. Absolutely fantastic to read.

simons_flower posted a comment on Monday 28th January 2008 10:59pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

I've now spent close to six hours reading this story -- after having enjoyed "The Granger Defense" for the second time. And, while I've stayed up all night and surely destroyed myself for today, I've enjoyed this story completely.

Thank you!

cwejr posted a comment on Tuesday 25th December 2007 4:15pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Excellent! This gives a believable background to the whole story. Now I have a believable history which provides a plausible starting point.

Thank you.

EricThorsen posted a comment on Tuesday 11th December 2007 5:05pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

While I can't quite agree with this being the most accurate history of Magical England, it is indeed an interesting history, showing that there is much more to the story than Ms. Rowling has told. Excellent work. Keep writing.

Jimbocous posted a comment on Monday 12th November 2007 4:57am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Really a great read. At the end, this treatment reminds me of how James Michener approaches historical narrative, and I can certainly see how readers have told you it is a definitive history of magic. Thanks, I really enjoyed this!

Aaran St Vines replied:

Jimbocous,

Thanks for reading this tale and reviewing so faithfully.   It is my most original work that is in the HP fanfic genre, and I am certainly proud of it.   It's been finished for over three years, and I have learned a lot about writing since then.   One day, I plan to rewrite it and un-Harry Potter it into an original tale for publishing.

If you like really different, try my Harry/Millicent story.   I'll post chapter 3 soon.

Thanks again,

Aaran

Ouroborous posted a comment on Thursday 8th November 2007 7:23am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

This is a truely brilliant story, I hadn't been sure about the whole definative story bit but this truly is a great story a whole new world yet it fits into the potterverse incredibly well.

HWLLHP posted a comment on Monday 1st October 2007 1:45pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

An excellent story. You've essentially created a new world, which is usually a task fanfic authors are spared, while remaining true to canon. And it's an exciting world, one that seems (within my limited knowledge) consistent with the history as well as with canon. You've created some nice original characters, too.

I look forward to reading your fully independent fiction.

Infin1x posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 12:34pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

I thought it might be overstating things when I read 'the definitive story for the history of magic' but after reading this I agree wholeheartedly. Sure if I am going to nitpick I could complain about a preexisting London of such size but I find myself only caring how well done the whole thing is and the attention to detail when describing how things got their names.

Sim posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 2:35pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Wow.
That has to be the best HP fic I've ever read.
I started it last night at about 10pm... it's now 5:30am and I really should get some sleep.
Thankyou for the journey.

handiangel posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 7:47am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Amazing story! Love the detail you put in to it and the research you must have done astounds me.
I'm so glad that Willen and Constantia lived happily ever after and it was interesting to find out what happened to everyone. Liked the little snippet about how wands got to be called wands.
I'd noticed that Willen's wand was very similar to Harry's apart from the different source for the feather. I wondered if that would be brought up but i never thought Willen's wand would still be around after over 2 millenia. Love surprises like that.
(Something caught my eye in the Historical notes. I live really near Atherstone, didn't know any Roman history was associated with it. interesting)
I also love 'Great Scott!...', although it took me awhile to get round to reading this one. I'm really glad i did though!
I crave the detail that many authors don't put in and you fulfill that craving perfectly! More! More! lol
Hannah

darthloki posted a comment on Tuesday 20th March 2007 1:35pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Awesome!

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Wednesday 14th February 2007 4:48pm for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

This was simply amazing. And that's all that I can say. Cheers.

~Ivy

Nathan posted a comment on Thursday 25th January 2007 5:49am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

I just finished reading the entire history of magic stories. I've never been one to review much but I had to let you know that I loved it and I don't think anyone could have possibly done a better job. Thank you very much for such a fine story and I await the next posting of the Granger Defense with great delight.

Nathan

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 11:34am for Chapter Seven - Final Battle and Epilogue

Yes,

The story is aat least A defnitive history of the beginning of Magic, if not THE definitive history...of course until another one is wrtten...

And yes, there is definitely something reminiscent of The Princess Bride in the tone and manner of the story telling, although I can't quantify it any better than that for you. I was struck by the similarity even before I read the other reviews.