Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Saturday 11th June 2011 12:11am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Overall this is good. It is well written and realistic. The accuracy and attention to detail is good. To the downside, I dislike Harry's willingness to go along with Dumbledore's plan without even being told an outline of it, particularly given their history. Of course, his actual training so far appears to make sense, but, well, the very idea of signing that kind of blank check without knowing what your buying just doesn't seem to fit well with the idea of a hero, although it does perhaps fit the role of a loyal soldier, and is likely a valid interpretation for a teenager. Of course, if anything, that level of realism may perhaps be a slight weakness. It may be that it is more interesting to see a hero act to change the world, even if his first acts are perhaps small and desperate, than it is to watch the methodical building of a captain.

Brigrove posted a comment on Monday 9th March 2009 8:09am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

whew powerful, especially the conclusion of the chapter

pstibbons posted a comment on Wednesday 9th August 2006 6:47am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Powerful character, mr granger. Me eyes are damp.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 5th July 2006 7:41am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Outstanding chapter. I like the use of Vietnam in this. I was there in 1971 and know for a fact that war isn't glory or fun. Nice writing.

gunny

Chris Carter posted a comment on Friday 26th May 2006 4:54pm for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

*Ted

Chris Carter posted a comment on Friday 26th May 2006 4:40pm for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

So, far this story seems to be very carefully plotted, and I enjoy many of the little scenes/details that you include (especially Arthur trying to take a phone call). One of the most interesting things in fics for me, is how fringe characters are filled in and main characters fleshed out. I think you've created a very original set of Grangers and I find your more militaristic treatment of the fight against Voldemort to also be pretty unique. I'm glad that you don't simply have H and Hr declaring their undying love two paragraphs in, but are allowing things to develope in a more realistic fashion. As far as (hopefully) constructive criticism goes: the story really bogs down and becomes boring at times to read with the constant overly drawn out flashbacks. Also, while I like your characterization, I'm hoping that this starts being a Harry Potter fic sometime soon, instead of a Tom Granger fic.

Alexis posted a comment on Wednesday 24th May 2006 12:49pm for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Wow, the letters were great and Mr. Granger's story about Vietnam was wonderful. Great job!

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Friday 31st March 2006 1:08pm for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Very intense chapter. Such memories for Ted to deal with. Such things all our soldiers have to remember and deal with.

Aaran St Vines replied:

Thanks for seeing all of the implication of this chapter.

Manatheron posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 10:06am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Ooohh... that REALLY had to be hard for him to say.

Aaran St Vines replied:

I am glad you found this compelling.

Sonicdale posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 7:42am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Wow. I have been reading this - I saw it on another site. Good work. All around. The story Mr. Granger tells is riveting.

Good work again. I am reading all of your works and hoping to see more.

Aaran St Vines replied:

Thanks for being such an avid reader, and for reviewing so often.

Orion posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 7:18am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Oh . . . wow

Aaran St Vines replied:

Glad you liked it.

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Bernd Jacobitz posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 9:04pm for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

GOOD!
I like it even it is not realy wizarding world. but it does get the message across.

Aaran St Vines replied:

Then I have achieved my purpose.

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Lostchyld posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 1:48pm for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

Is this storyline going to diverge with Great Scott or should I be prepared to skim one or the other on a regular basis?

Aaran St Vines replied:

These stories diverge slowly, but do so quite a bit at times.   i will endeavor to draw distinctions.

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Michelline posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 8:15am for Chapter Four - Alastor Moody and Ted Granger

This was beautiful. The speech by Mr. Granger was awesome. Sent chills down my spine. Very nice...

Aaran St Vines replied:

I had to make a believable reason for Harry to go forward quickly after the death of Sirius.   This is it.

I am grateful you've found these effective inner stories.