Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

Kalen Darkmoon posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2007 1:23pm for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

You know, I will never understand Harry's blind trust in Dumbledore. Even when it was revealed in HBP that Dumbledore **KNEW** about the Dursley's abuse of Harry but never did anything to stop it.

"He has known nothing but neglect and often cruelty at your hands." (Dumbledore to the Dursleys, HBP 3)
...
"The magic I evoked fifteen years ago means that Harry has powerful protection while he can still call this house 'home.' However miserable he has been here, however unwelcome, however badly treated, you have at least, grudgingly, allowed him houseroom." (Dumbledore to the Dursleys, HBP 3)

Anyone who would condone child abuse is little better than those who actually abuse. Dumbledore is every bit as bad as Voldemort since he has shown he has little trouble sacrificing children to save his own hide. Voldie may have been the one who killed Harry's parents but it was Dumbledore who destroyed Harry's childhood. Nothing can justify Dumbledore condoning 16 years of Dursley abuse.

Or would you honestly suggest that no matter what harm came to Harry, all that matters is that he is still alive? Would you so easily sacrifice an innocent child as Dumbledore had? How does this make him any better than the death eaters?

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 3:20pm for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

An imprisoned Lucius Malfoy is on the wrong end of a chewing-out...and it's *Draco Malfoy* doing the chewing. It's Malfoy vs. Malfoy...and Lucius is losing, and losing badly. I do believe that Draco Malfoy Has Gotten A Clue.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 5th July 2006 5:50am for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

Good chapter.

gunny

Alexis posted a comment on Wednesday 24th May 2006 12:37pm for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

*laugh* Boys can be clueless, hopefully you will clear his muddled brain sooner rather than later. Great chapter!

Manatheron posted a comment on Monday 20th March 2006 4:48pm for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

Hmmm I see that we have decided to start out the bludgeoning romance with a bit of teen angst hmm? so tell me (Or don't) Is Luna about to say somthing along the lines of 'sorry but i'm already dating Neville (/Dean/semus/draco/ et all) or does harry get his shot and is hermoine and ron forced together for a while to cause some extreame tension furthor down the fic?

Aaran St Vines replied:

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

I just love Luna.   If you've read on you know what happened next.   Luna has uniques boyfriends ahead in each parallel universe.

Cheers!

David Thacker posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 2:22pm for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

Thank you for this story and the time and effort that you have put in to it.Please ignore any and all flames.Enjoy your self when you write and have fun in your life when you can.

Brady Dixon posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 12:26am for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

I really like this story and i hope you have more on tap and quickly to keep and get more people hooked. Thanks for writing!!!

Aaran St Vines replied:

Thanks for reading and reviewing

I am peddling as fast as I can.

Olafr posted a comment on Saturday 11th March 2006 6:12pm for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

Excellently written and captivating. I was so taken with this that I sought out the remainder of the story written to date on Portkey.org.

I see that you're making a few changes as you post the story here, changes that I feel are probably for the better. I do have one thing to say, though - please do some research on rank markings. The NZ'ers use the British system of rank markings - one pip for 2nd Lieutenant, two pips for Lt., three pips for Capt, a crown for Major, crown and one pip for brigadier, etc.

Very much looking forward to more,

- Olafr.

Aaran St Vines replied:

Thanks for your ongoing and far ranging interest in my work, and for reviewing.

Interesting info on NZ military lore.

Cheers!

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Saturday 11th March 2006 9:52am for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

I was a bit shocked when I read the name you had for Hermione's mom..

Madge... that was my mother's name (may she rest in peace)

A rather unusual name and very old fashioned... I think for the most part this entire series has been very interesting...

I look forward to reading more...

As Always,
Muirnin

Aaran St Vines replied:

Too many people make Hermione's parents Dan and Emma, the movie star's first names.   Clever but cliche by now.

I see her as a Madge (or a Sylvia).

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Jay-F posted a comment on Saturday 11th March 2006 9:06am for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

well i have run in to this fic on various other sites and have liked it, however i have never seen it progress past the ninth chapter, i am rather hoping that you will take this to compleation this time, also i very much liked this fic on sugar quill (where i read it) but i think i may like it even more here because i have always rather liked the H/H ship.
so good luck and thanks for wrriting,
Jay

Aaran St Vines replied:

I had some difficulties getting this posted that I will not discuss.

But It WILL go to forward here, if no where else.

Thanks for your ongoing interest and for reviewing.

TeeBoo posted a comment on Friday 10th March 2006 3:10am for Chapter Three: The First of Three Visitors

I am really enjoying this story line. I know this is a Harry/Hermione story but I hope it doesn't to long for them to get together. I con not wait for this next chapter.

Aaran St Vines replied:

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

I am still as I write this not sure when they will get together.