Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

LordLexx posted a comment on Sunday 5th January 2020 6:09pm

Totally skipped 4/5ths of this chapter.

LordLexx posted a comment on Sunday 5th January 2020 5:49pm

You're way to descriptive if your story. And Macs suck.

LordLexx posted a comment on Saturday 4th January 2020 5:50pm

Apparation is the leaving Disapparation is the arriving. It's just generally referred to as "apparation". And your flashbacks are cutting into the story. I hope you ease back on them.

GBTtown posted a comment on Sunday 12th May 2019 6:58pm

Fantastic story, sorry it was never completed.

Jon08 posted a comment on Tuesday 27th September 2016 7:08am

Just finished reading this excellent work, and enjoyed every minute of it. I amsad to note that no updates have been made since 2009, and I hope this tale has not been abandoned. It truly is an excelent wok with a unique perspective and I would love to see more and an eventual 'completed' on this tale. That is not saying I want you to end it now, but that I look forward to reading everything about your alternate universe and an epilogue. Hopefully a lot better one than in canon

blindio posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2014 11:09pm

excellent chapter, as a mancunian though the manchester times is a long defunct paper by about 70 years when the stories set, it would be the manchester evening news :)

Nytefyre posted a comment on Saturday 23rd March 2013 9:02pm

Seriously enjoyed this story - wish there was more.

Thanks for posting... off to read GSP..

GBTtown posted a comment on Sunday 7th October 2012 8:19pm

It is just OK. I mean it is the same story as "This is War" with a poorly described relationship between Harry and Hermione. I am a Harmonian and "I" think the other story relationship is written better!

Fic Chick posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2012 2:41am

I like this story & hope you eventually continue it. However, I think I spotted a continuity error. In Chapter 15 Mr. Smith said, "...and Ranulf Malfoy secured the Hagrid family vote..." Then in Chapter 21 you said,"...check with Mr. Ledbetter to see who held the Hagrid family Right to Rule. Mr. Smith didn't know, and neither did anyone..." and, "When Ledbetter mentioned the name Hagrid as the actual family vote in question, Cranford Boom...sharply inhaled...The current holder of that Right to Rule had identified himself..."

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Saturday 11th June 2011 12:11am

Overall this is good. It is well written and realistic. The accuracy and attention to detail is good. To the downside, I dislike Harry's willingness to go along with Dumbledore's plan without even being told an outline of it, particularly given their history. Of course, his actual training so far appears to make sense, but, well, the very idea of signing that kind of blank check without knowing what your buying just doesn't seem to fit well with the idea of a hero, although it does perhaps fit the role of a loyal soldier, and is likely a valid interpretation for a teenager. Of course, if anything, that level of realism may perhaps be a slight weakness. It may be that it is more interesting to see a hero act to change the world, even if his first acts are perhaps small and desperate, than it is to watch the methodical building of a captain.

Hurin posted a comment on Friday 15th April 2011 5:17am

I like your story very much, even as you stop to smell the rose a little bit too often, slowing the action. Very brave of you to incorporate Christianity into the plot. I've always felt it was implicit through out JKR's novels, and the Christian elements in DH are undeniable. That's one of the few thing I like about that mess of a book.

I hope you continue this wonderful story eventually!

David Thacker posted a comment on Sunday 10th April 2011 3:24am

This and the other one like it are both great but you might wish to let people know the total chapters for both here for they have miss read this chapter here and think that you are not going to update here or that the other sites have more chapters.

Puffyboots posted a comment on Monday 28th March 2011 2:42am

I really enjoyed this story. The part of your writing style I most enjoyed was the attention to detail. It wasn't "a knife" it was "a Fairbairn", complete with a detailed description allowing me to better picture it in my mind. I've very much enjoyed this, and will have to check out your other work. I would also come back to read more of this story, if future chapters are posted.

Best of luck,

Puffyboots

MrPowell posted a comment on Friday 14th January 2011 11:38pm

But... But... There isn't any more... *sigh* I hope you some day decide to update

MrPowell posted a comment on Friday 14th January 2011 1:03am

For the record, I'm loving what's here so far, especially the way you've incorporating Christianity into it.

the_elusive_snitch posted a comment on Thursday 21st October 2010 10:05pm

I love this story, with its rich history and background. Hope to get an update sometime in the near future, as most of my fanficauthors bookmarks haven't updated in what seems like forever.

Eliew posted a comment on Sunday 5th September 2010 2:56am

Hi, just read through this awesome story a second time. Just curious though, you have mention briefly that Ginny own some sort of business as well through Harry's investment, but there was no further mention. Should I hop over to "Great Scotts" to find out what you have left out by accident? Thanks for any update

Ilonwy posted a comment on Tuesday 27th July 2010 9:09pm

This is amazing! I have now read both Great Scott Potter and the Granger Defence. To be honest I enjoyed this one even more. I love how you have incorporated Christian faith into Harry Potter. Your stories have shown what it truly means to be a warrior. Your writing is truly inspiring. You are most definitely my favourite fanfiction author. Please continue writing! May the glory of your stories be to GOD, and may HE bless you.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Wednesday 14th April 2010 8:01pm

Outstanding Story So far!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!!!

novaschamp posted a comment on Tuesday 16th February 2010 11:41am

I just finished readng through the entire story and can honestly I can't remember the last time I was so eager to read the next installment of a story fanfiction or not. Extremely well written as I am sure you know and you do an amazing job of bringing the history of the story to life. I really do love the background and the way you present the interactions of the politics as well as the mentions of the international students. I don't know if this is discontinued or not but if it is I want to thank you for what you shared with us and I will always remember this story as one of my favorites. Thank you.


Rob