Content Harry Potter Jane Austen by Pamela St Vines

Reviews

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Thursday 1st May 2008 6:41pm

jsyk, you mixed them up. I'm pretty sure it's Benjy Fenwick and Dorcas Meadowes, not the other way around. Not that it's really important in the long run.

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Thursday 1st May 2008 1:22pm

I have never understood people's problem with religion as a concept. I am no firm believer in any religion, but I do firmly believe that what other people believe is none of my business, and I've never been hurt by reading what other people say about their religion (though I have been greatly amused). I am agnostic, but I fully respect what you have done with your story, religiously and otherwise.
And anyway, to quote another author I respect, JK might as well have had Harry stand up at the end of the 7th book and say "Look at me! I'm Jesus" after the whole dying for everyone else bit and coming back and all of that other jazz. For there not being any religion in Harry Potter, I'm amazed at how much religious symbolism you can find.
I will continue reading this story because it is a good story, religious differences or not.

Aelita posted a comment on Thursday 1st May 2008 7:33am

Oh, please please update soon! This is a really good story and I can't wait to see the next chapter!

MOD posted a comment on Friday 21st March 2008 1:55am

Brilliant story! Eagerly awaiting the updates.

Prince Charon posted a comment on Wednesday 12th March 2008 9:16am

Very, very interesting.

Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.

Craig S posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 2:07am

I just read all of the posted chapters for this story, and wow, what a read! You have given this world as much depth (i'd say more in places) as JK herself. It is a pleasure to read your work, as it is very well written.

I can't wait to see what happens next! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Manatheron posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 5:04pm

Is this a chapter or an add for the Macintosh?

No offense, but I get enough popular media through the Internet, TV, and Radio, and I'm trying hard to figure out how this chapter is going to contribute to the story down the road... We already know that Harry is insanely powerful, and that he and Hermoine like each other. the teacher, while interesting, is (As far as I can tell) un-necessary to the story line, and a truncheon wand for Hagrid? how's he supposed to wave it in the correct pattern? A full fledged wizard might be able to force his magic to conform but... ya...

I'm not sure what I think about wand maker harry either. the scene felt rather contrived.

'Sigh'

Maybe I'm just tired, but this chapter just didn't seem anywhere near your normal standard. take it from me, if you don't feel like writing, DON'T WRITE all you'll do is burn yourself out faster.

~Manatheron

Edengrave posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 3:39pm

interesting if predictable image of the American wizards. Most authors go the same route for them. I am much more interested in wizards from older civilizations. the Chinese and other asians, the maya and incas, the modern Egyptians, and the Amerindians. looking forward to see how you represent them if they intervene in your story, and since technomancy is apparently an american specialty, what other specialties are out there.
Knowing what I know of Hogwarts, the size of its student body, and its curiculum, I was always amazed it was considered the greatest school in Europe, sometimes even the world, If Dumbledore's words are too be believed. Is the world really that small? they might have the most accomplished teachers academicaly, but the student body is nothing if not average. introducing diversity to the hp universe was an excellent ideao on your part. it's where canon failed in my eyes.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 3:05pm

Whoops. Just put my short review on the wrong chapter. I was looking back to see where Sir Percival was mentioned earlier. :-)

Great chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 3:03pm

Great chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:17pm

Loved the bit about the computers.

Aw the good old days when Altavista was the number one search engine.

anettemargarete posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 12:49am

found a typo: Zauberer Nachrichten is the correct expression

exellent chapter by the way, i just love percival bilius weasley. poor ron, he is a vip over there and didn't knew it.

anette

morriganscrow posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 10:48pm

This continues to be a most enthralling and entertaining fic, even though you had me feeling like Ron and Ginny with all the computer stuff. I'm an unabashed Luddite, so anything in this area will leave me bewildered.
Harry being so noble is going to drive Hermione berserk, and I look forward to reading how she gets around his misguided resolve. After all, she's not called the smartest witch for nothing!

gadriam posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 10:16pm

How much time did you actually spend, figuring out the Goblins? Damn, it's impressive. Excuse me while I faint in admiration.

....


There. All done.
Hagrid's Right to Rule. That was a kicker. The Order of Bertie Bott's was another, and they're equally funny and ...boding, i guess. I believe Umbridge would hold the Hagrid vote, as it's the least likely holder of the major players. I look forward to the review of Dawlish' actions, and all other Wizengamot scenes. Normally that kind of thing is boring in the extreme, but you make politics seem interesting.
Thanks for your efforts. They are much appreciated.

g

oso983 posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 7:51pm

Nice Work! I am looking forward to see how the americans will influence the whole story. I thought it a good idea that Glean still got the order of merlin. I guess, that the opposition has to win some fights. I am looking forward to the next update!

Infin1x posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 4:03pm

I am a fan of this story, the many original ideas in it, your attention to detail and your writing style in general but the entire scene with Cilla just felt off in some indescribable way I am leaning towards saying it's her dialogue but am not positive.

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 12:19pm

How ironic. Harry buying the Hagrid vote out from under Umbridge.

"Primaries"? That's a good word to use.

> They are just better-built and more reliable than the Windows PCs.
*laugh*

> "He came to America with a charter for the Salem Institute, and to capture or kill our founding mothers and fathers."
*blink* Huh. Now that is a story I'm looking forward to.

Good chapter. Looking forward to the next.

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 12:16pm

Good scenes about the medal and with Hagrid. It will be fun seeing that play out

"T"

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 10:20am

Fun to see the differences here, and really glad to see that the Harry and Hermione relationship, imo, has come laong a nice bit, and should be interesting to see how it plays out later on, though will be fun to see how long either of them might be able to stay away like they'd like to, or if one or the other, or maybe both, decides that they're tired of waiting on the DE's and that they have to live anyway.

takon65 posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 9:55am

I loved the chapter. What a cliffie, I can't wait to see Ron's reaction!